Slay facelift :)

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Slay facelift :)

Post by trace »

I have been totaly away for awhile and then i looked at Slay radio page and wow It has got a really great facelift :)

Good work guys :)
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Slay facelift :)

Post by Slaygon »

trace wrote:I have been totaly away for awhile and then i looked at Slay radio page and wow It has got a really great facelift :)

Good work guys :)
Heh. Thank you. =)

You should subscribe to the SLAY Radio mailinglist, and watch this forum here for such things. =)
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Yup, I gotta say it looks absolutely cool now. What an improvement in looks!

Still reasonably easy to navigate, and loads of nice features often missing from similar websites all easily accessible. Big thumbs up!

Minor spoiler: the translucent note grafix below in the "NEXT LIVE SHOWS (Times in CET)" looks kinda messy under the text making it somewhat difficult to read. Maybe placing it right rather than the current left position would improve matters.
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

yep, looks much better then before.... i like the new style!

great work, slaygon!

cheers

ifadeo
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Lagerfeldt wrote:Minor spoiler: the translucent note grafix below in the "NEXT LIVE SHOWS (Times in CET)" looks kinda messy under the text making it somewhat difficult to read. Maybe placing it right rather than the current left position would improve matters.
Thanks for the suggestion. Moved it to the right now, and it looks much better! ;)
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

ifadeo wrote:yep, looks much better then before.... i like the new style!
great work, slaygon!
... and Boz... ;) Boz GOOOOOOOOOD!

I just did the design, gave Boz a PSD and he built the PHP/HTML template and started to fill it with content, at which point I joined again and started to implement all those new features. =)
Boz
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Boz »

Slaygon wrote:... and Boz... ;) Boz GOOOOOOOOOD!

I just did the design, gave Boz a PSD and he built the PHP/HTML template and started to fill it with content, at which point I joined again and started to implement all those new features. =)
He worked me like a slave... a SLAVE I tells ya! Well actually it was more along the lines of "You couldn't help me with this, could ya?" and I said "Yeah whatever."

But the new site is definitely having the affect that we intended. User interaction was the key, and everyone's having a go, with all the votes and requests, and the Shoutbox is being well-used. just call him SlayGOD from now on ;)
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

User interaction, what a good choice of words. That's exactly the feeling you get when you enter the website. I think it's an exemplary website.

I still have some minor niggles though, the shoutbox doesn't automatically update.. I have to constantly hit "reload" which is somewhat annoying.
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Lagerfeldt wrote:User interaction, what a good choice of words. That's exactly the feeling you get when you enter the website. I think it's an exemplary website.
Thank you! ;)
Lagerfeldt wrote:I still have some minor niggles though, the shoutbox doesn't automatically update.. I have to constantly hit "reload" which is somewhat annoying.
Yep.
Aware of this, and trying to find a solution - but it's a bit hard since -everything- you see on the page is... well... on the same page. ;>
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Have you seen the box on Lemon64?
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Lagerfeldt wrote:Have you seen the box on Lemon64?
Um. Can't say I have. Was logged in a few days ago, but didn't look around. I'll have a peek.
Although I imagine it won't help a whole lot, since our sites are not built the same way.
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Ah well, anyway it works perfectly. Probably done with java I'm guessing. I think you have to be logged in to see it in action.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

I suggest an IFRAME.
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Just be sure it's compatible with older systems and browsers like Netscape on OS9 ;-) Tho I'm getting my Mac Mini in a few weeks, so no more OS9 for me at home.

LMan, recently requested your 5th Dream remix on SLAY, man that still rocks beyond belief.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Thanks for the flowers :)

IFRAME should work with most browsers, but may look crappy on Internet Explorer (because you can't switch off the borders there.) But who cares about IE anyway. ;)