New show: SLAY Rated

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

New show: SLAY Rated

Post by Slaygon »

We'd like to inform you of a new regular show, that will be broadcast the first Tuesday of every month. It's called "SLAY Rated" and runs down through the top 20 songs that have been rated by you, the listeners.

The first show will be hosted by DJ Skitz (of the Saturday Night Warmup) on April 12th 2005, from 20:00 CET (GMT+1). We know it's not the first Tuesday of the month, but we want to get started as soon as possible! As it's using the Top 20 Rated list, it's not a usual request show; however, the host will, as usual, be on IRC on the EFNet network, channel #SLAYRadio.

As mentioned, the list depends wholly on the listeners, and goes by the number of GOOD votes that each song has acquired. And that's where you come in! Whenever SLAY Radio is playing songs from the rotational playlist, you can go to the website (http://www.slayradio.org), and on the left hand side, you'll see the current song playing, along with a GOOD and BAD vote button. Just press the button that reflects what you think of the song, and the votes will be tallied up ready for the next SLAY Rated show.

So, make a date to listen to SLAY Rated, and keep your votes coming in order to shape future shows!

- The SLAY Radio Team.
Davnor Sporkbeard

Post by Davnor Sporkbeard »

That's a superb idea, young man. I'll be listening in on Tuesday for the first unveiling.

Give my love to Skitz.
Toodle-pip!
Phantom66uk
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Phantom66uk »

I'll be listening!

P.s Skitz it's 66 not 64 :x :lol: :lol: :wink:
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Davnor Sporkbeard wrote:That's a superb idea, young man. I'll be listening in on Tuesday for the first unveiling.
Well, it's Skitz's idea really. =)
Davnor Sporkbeard wrote:Give my love to Skitz.
You do that yourself later today. =)
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Phantom66uk wrote:P.s Skitz it's 66 not 64 :x :lol: :lol: :wink:
Heh. Well... It SHOULD be 64! ;)
Davnor Sporkbeard

Davnor Sporkbeard wrote:That's a superb idea, young man. I'll be listening in on Tuesday for the first unveiling.
Slaygon wrote:Well, it's Skitz's idea really. =)
My heartiest congratulations to Skitz then. :)
Davnor Sporkbeard wrote:Give my love to Skitz.
Slaygon wrote:You do that yourself later today. =)
I will do, dear boy. Cheerio!
Toodle-pip!
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Destination?
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Davnor Sporkbeard

DHS wrote:Destination?
I haven't had permission from nanny for my holidays yet so I don't know but thank you for asking.

Nice try though. :wink:
Toodle-pip!
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

DHS wrote:Destination?
GAY!!!!

There ya go DHS :)
Davnor Sporkbeard

How damnedly annoying! I missed the whole show! :evil:

Oh well, I hope it was full of fun and larks. The au pair was certainly full of something. :D
Toodle-pip!
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

How will the rating system work?

I mean, if a track has like the best track now at 130 votes and a new mix comes along , how long can/will it takes til that new song comes close to the 20 most rated tracks?

Can one rate a track elsewhere than on the slay site when the actuall track is played? :) everyone has to vote like crazy to come up to the 130 votes :)

Or do the rated show play any of the newest tracks and can be qualified to the list? as a runner-up :)
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

trace wrote: Can one rate a track elsewhere than on the slay site when the actuall track is played? :) everyone has to vote like crazy to come up to the 130 votes :)
I thought the votes got wiped after every Slay Rated show

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

trace wrote:How will the rating system work?

I mean, if a track has like the best track now at 130 votes and a new mix comes along , how long can/will it takes til that new song comes close to the 20 most rated tracks?
After each SLAY Rated, the votes are wiped (well, they are actually stored away safely, but aren't currently used), so right after a SLAY Rated, all votes are back to 0.
We do this to keep the list somewhat fresh. As it currently stands, the top 20 list is quite different from the top 20 last time around, which was only 3 weeks away.
trace wrote:Can one rate a track elsewhere than on the slay site when the actuall track is played? :)
Currently no. Haven't even given it a thought until you just said it. I'll ponder on it a while and see what I come up with, but as it stands now, you have to vote for the tracks on http://www.slayradio.org/.
trace wrote:everyone has to vote like crazy to come up to the 130 votes :) Or do the rated show play any of the newest tracks and can be qualified to the list? as a runner-up :)
So to answer the question you wanted to ask but never did - Yes, WOTEF4 will have a fair chance to make it to the top 20 provided people vote on it! Maybe not this time around due to the extensive voting going on (currently some 8500 votes since last SLAY Rated) before the release of your tune!
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Ok, thanks :)
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID