Kingdom of Heaven

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Kingdom of Heaven

Post by xo »

Seen Kingdom of Heaven yet? It has quite a cool soundtrack. Has anyone else here seen it? (Of course.:))
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

The reviewer concurs. :) (Yes there are also critical reviews.)

http://moviemusic.com/comments.asp?id=k ... =1605&rn=1
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

The film was pants imho but the soundtrack was cool.
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

Didn't enjoy the film one bit, and I didn't at all like the soundtrack. HGW committed the ultimate crime as far as I'm concerned. Too much pompousity and unrelated oirish flutey stuff. Why is it that every "epic" movie since Titanic has to have those stupid flutes? Still, at least it ain't as bad as anything James Horner would have done.

As far as Gregson Williams goes, and it pains me to say it, my favourite peice of music from him was from Shrek. You know that awesome bit of music when they're all running away from the dragon? I know it's a kids film, but that tune gave me cold shivers of excitement and joy, much akin to watching a really good bond movie. Hey, I am a fan of his. After the dissapointment of MGS2, I only bought the third one because he and Norihiko Hibino were doing the soundtrack again. And what a soundtrack. What a game!

But back on topic, Kingdom of Heaven was... Underwhelming. And ever so slightly boring with it. In all of the movies I've been to see in the last few months, that was the only one I felt I'd wasted my money on. At the end, I just had to wonder what the point of it was. Am I the only one on the planet who thinks Orlando Bloom is bland as buggery?

Goddamn I've seen a few too. Sin City, Batman Begins, Revenge of the Sith, War of the Worlds... Hitchhikers Guide was actually quite good too! Surely this will be remembered as a prime year for good, fun movies. Now, if only Tarantino would hurry up with Inglorious Bastards.
Great, another set of strings ruined...
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Oh, my exact opposite in taste, interesting. ;) No I wohn't say I'm a big fan of either James Horner og Harry Greggson Williams, but I like some of their scores, such as this one and The Perfect Storm. The film too. I also occasionally collect movie scores, but what my taste is, is irrelevant.
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

Elliot Goldenthal is my favourite actually. I like how aggressive he can make an orchestra sound. Interview With A Vampire and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within in particular. His adagio for Alien 3 made me cry.

I'm a big fan of movie scores. In fact I've tried doing one myself, a sort of Akira Yamaoka inspired guitar and industrial thing, based on a script a friend of mine wrote. It's something I'd like to do properly someday.
Great, another set of strings ruined...