Searchin for a GAME / SID, dont know the name..

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
LOAD_ERROR
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Searchin for a GAME / SID, dont know the name..

Post by LOAD_ERROR »

Hi there,

I have had the game in question a lot of years ago (of course), was maybe 1987-89. The game was on one of those "bootleg" compilation you find at the newspapers stands, with the original name changed...

It was called LAST BETA (but seems that this name doesnt exist in the database), and was a spacey platform shotemup, ambiented into a starship if I remember..

Maybe I can make a little sample of the main tune (I want to remix it).

Anyone can help me with this vague description :-) ??
Thanx
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Re: Searchin for a GAME / SID, dont know the name..

Post by Waz »

LOAD_ERROR wrote: It was called LAST BETA (but seems that this name doesnt exist in the database), and was a spacey platform shotemup, ambiented into a starship if I remember..
Having done a full Gamebase check of any possible aliases the game had, it doesn't exist (as you already found).

Maybe if you could do a 1:1 version of the tune I can use my skills to track it down in HVSC for you? Might even be that the tune isn't ripped...

Even better if you still have the game somewhere, send it to me and I'll do what I can?
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
LOAD_ERROR
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by LOAD_ERROR »

Unfortunately I dont have the c64 and all my archive of tapes anymore.
I can make a short sample of the main melody (you're right, the sid could have been stolen from another game).

btw, I'll try to post the sample soon. Thanx for the help.