Acoustic performances

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Acoustic performances

Post by tomsk »

I'm sitting here listening to the genius that is Rob Hubbard Live and unplugged. The Bit Live DVD is of course the source - I didn't invite Rob round for a cup of tea and an impromptu session. Still fresh in the memory is Bit Lite where we saw the excellent PPOT acoustic set. How refreshing it is to hear tunes (for once) stripped of all their filters and presented in this unique format. I felt the same way listening to Visa Roster - nothing but the music, which ever way you choose to express it (either vocally, with acoustic guitar or piano).

Speaking to people after such performances it seems there is a great demand to hear music performed this way, so with that in mind I wonder how many of us would love to hear an acoustic album featuring a variety of performers? Just thinking out loud really. A viable option - or completely out of the question.....

I must stress I'm not knocking your SID 80's or full band line up of PPOT - I love that too - I'm merely posing a question.

Tomsk
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

An entire CD of Rob Hubbard and madfiddler doing their acoustic thing? Why, it's undreamed of, and certainly not in the works. Oh dear me no. Whatever gave you such an idea??

Chris
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Yihaw Chris! :drool: Its been a while since I last bought a CD. This may be the next one. :)
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

I've never bought any of the scene cds to be honest, but that could well be the one to seduce me.

*looks down in shame*
Great, another set of strings ruined...
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Chris Abbott wrote:An entire CD of Rob Hubbard and madfiddler doing their acoustic thing? Why, it's undreamed of, and certainly not in the works. Oh dear me no. Whatever gave you such an idea??

Chris
Um, well..... er.... :) Watch this space, cos this is something Rob and I have talked about and agreed to do.. Rob's not convinced that it would sell anything, so any support would be appreciated...
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

If its anything like enya (piano/strings) im in !!! I love all that calming stuff..
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

It'll be purely piano and violin. No synths.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Then im in :D This will be AWESOME.... (thinking BOND about now, but with c64 choonz, and err... men....) :lol: DAMN I can already see the CD Sleave :D - all the shapes are there ready :D
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

BOND????? F*CK OFF!!!!! ;)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

I'd rather look at BOND than Nigel Kennedy... but thats me ;)
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

lol - but I'd rather listen to Kennedy.... or Vengerov...
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Can't answer that one, i'm a BOND fan, sry ;)

MMmm Mmm Oh Yes, Play that to me again, Mmmm Oh YESS !

** Cough ** :lol:

We'll have to get you and rob into dresses and makeup, have you draped over a giant 64, or a Grand Piano.. one holding the fiddle, the other fingering some keys ** Cough ** god im dirty when I drink !! Muhahahahaha
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by tomsk »

Hmm, kind of glad I mention this acoustic thing now.
I honestly had no idea there were plans afoot to do something like this, but I think it'd be superb.
Speaking to Rob after BIT Lite I asked why he'd never thought of putting some of his work to CD - and his answer came back that he didn't have a recording studio.
"Didn't stop Makke" I recall blurting out.

Anyway, Rob and Mark together sounds awesome (as they did at BIT Lite!), and as for CD sales, I should think anyone who's seen either of these guys perform would snap a copy up.

@Mark : I'd be interested to know when all of this was decided - and any more information you'd care to disclose ;)

Tomsk (happy chappy)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

I have to agree, PPOT acoustic were excellent. It makes a nice change of pace.

Mind you, Rob & Mark CD - where can I buy it? I WANT IT NOW!
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
StormKeeper
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by StormKeeper »

Chris Abbott wrote:An entire CD of Rob Hubbard and madfiddler doing their acoustic thing? Why, it's undreamed of, and certainly not in the works. Oh dear me no. Whatever gave you such an idea??

Chris
Judging by the tone that is posted, I'm guessing this is in the works. If it is, expect two copies to be bought by your friendly cross-county stalker... ;)