Sad that the amiga comunity is sleeping...

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
gibs
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Sad that the amiga comunity is sleeping...

Post by gibs »

All my computers were great...I enjoy really all of them (ZX81,Spectrum+,C64,CPC464, 520ST) ...but the most important one -for me- was the Amiga. and it's sad that it isn't supported a lot...

no reviews, no shouts, realeases take a while...WHHYY???

Noone to tribute Paula ?
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

The second 'One Man & His Mic' show is gonna be an Amiga special - featuring music recorded directly from the Amiga. :)

Keep an eye on http://www.binaryzone.org/podcast/ for details!
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Someone please include Chuck Rock and GemX :D :D :D :D :D
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

I thought a lot about doing an AMIGA remix - since this was MY musical platform back in the days. But to be honest I didn't find a piece of music yet to remix- and I got a list of at least 20 SIDs I'd like to deal with.
So what's the point...
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

When I try to remix Amiga tracks I always find myself trying to update the original sound, rather than finding a new approach. I either get bored with it or give up after a while because I can't find the right sounds.

As stated so many times before, the "problem" with Amiga tunes is that most of them already have a fixed sound and genre, where as SIDs are more open and easier to interpret in different styles - relying more on melody than the actual sound to define the track (a modified truth, I know).

I find that Amiga tunes take a lot more creative energy, and perfectly fitting sounds to pull-off. Few MODs are easy to port from one style to another, as they require some major re-thinking to get good. Maybe it's the "fixed sound" that makes it harder to form a different sound in the head.

Chris Hülsbeck's Turrican album is in my opinion the perfect Amiga remix-album. It has the exact same sound and feel as the original tracks, with updated sounds and bigger arrangements.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
In my opinion, an Amiga remix should sound like an "exact update" of the original, or take it in a completely different direction. Both of which are bleedin' hard to do (most of the time)!
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

My 2 Cents.

I loved the Amiga as much or more than my C64 because of the Enhanced Graphics and Digital Sound. But looking back now after all these years. The Amiga does not appeal to me as much as my C64. Who knows maybe I will change my mind one day when I get my Amiga 2000 Fixed and up and running.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

I have a bunch of Amiga Mods, is there some kind of collection like HVSC where I can submit them to? UnExotica archive perhaps?
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:I have a bunch of Amiga Mods, is there some kind of collection like HVSC where I can submit them to? UnExotica archive perhaps?
http://www.modarchive.com ?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

FFRenzy wrote:www.modarchive.com ?
Yeah, but MODarchive.com is so painfully unorganized, I rarely even look there for stuff I want.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

Makke wrote:
FFRenzy wrote:www.modarchive.com ?
Yeah, but MODarchive.com is so painfully unorganized, I rarely even look there for stuff I want.
That's true....in fact, there' s only 1 page on Modarchive i ever look at : http://www.modarchive.com/artists/jogeir/ :D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
the_JinX
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by the_JinX »

Don't forget http://www.exotica.org.uk/

Not just mods but also the other amiga formats..
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Exotica is great! It can be a bit of a hassle to find what you're looking for though.

Sometimes I Google for "Exotica [name of tune]" because that's faster than going through the Exotica pages. ;)
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

BTW, does anyone know what happened to Back2Roots ? It seems as if they have disappeared from the face of the ear....internet.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Yeah, I've been wondering about that as well.

B2R is/was probably the best Amiga source site around, in terms of quantity and easy to search.
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

another Amiga mod site, looks nice : http://amp.dascene.net/home.php