Tuff weekend...

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Tuff weekend...

Post by trace »

We drove to Gothenburg to visit and help my wifes sister and her boyfriend move, and while we where there on saturday my little 2 year old kid Emma suddenly got high fever and got fever cramp and THAT wasn't a pretty sight, we thought we was loosing her :(

So my wife and emma went to the hospital with an ambulance and stayed there for a few hours.

Luckily the fever cramp is harmless, but we didn't knew that until they told us... phew!!!!!

So this was my WORST by far!!! time in my life EVER!!!!!!!

Anyone of you that has kids have had this or other kind of experience?

I am stil shocked from this event...cause I was the one finding here like this first...
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

:shock: Aargh?! Hope your kid is okay by now!!!
All is lost.
Moad'Dib
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: Tuff weekend...

Post by Moad'Dib »

Hi Trace!

I've got a 3 and a 5 years old sons.
I remember when the older one was also 2 years old. We was at my parents to visit.
Suddenly my son's body temperature gone up to 40 Celsius. It taked part about 10 minutes!
We ran to the hospital... doctors sad... don't worry no problem. The things we have to do when high fever comes are:

- Antifebrille medicine (stronger one)
- COOLING BATH

Cooling bath is a very important thing! You put the child who has 40 celsius fever into the 37 celsius "cold" water, and continually cooling the water down until it reaches the 28-29 celsius. You have to keep the baby about 25-30 minits in the water.
Kids don't like cooling bath, screaming and crying, but never mind. It doesn't hurt them! It's easier if you give some sweetie to them. It's cooling them down. :wink:
This was the first "fever story" in our life, so we was realy shocked, and feared.
Since this, we had a lot of other and we used the cooling bath+antifebrille successfully with both children!
Kids have high fever often, so be ready to handle it!
You always have to antifebrille medicine with you...
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

I think most parents experience something like this when the kids are under school age. Infants just tend to get VERY high fever VERY fast when having any kind of infection or similar things. But you can get it down as easily within a few minutes (e.g. with a Paracetamol suppository for babies).
But I know - the first time you experience this (I did and we went to hospital at midnight, too) it can be really shocking!
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

If it happends again(knock on woods) even though i know what to do now, I will be scared as h-ll.
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I can certainly understand the shock and the fear you had Trace. I can recall several events over the years with my Daughter.. Finding out my Daughter has Aspergers Syndrome was the worst feeling i've had in my life. Although credit to the little girl she's really fargone my expectations in proving that even with something like this she can shine.

I recently had a phone call from her to tell me she had an A* in one of her exams. It's wonderful to hear that your child has accomplished something so great but knowing that it's very tough and takes much effort for a girl with learning difficulties to reach that standard shows exactly the type of girl she is. I'm very proud of her.. She's taught me alot in life for someone of only 10 years of age;" if you fight hard enough, you can overcome adversity however difficult it is!"

As for your experience Trace, I'm pleased to hear that it wasn't anything serious and that life with your young one continues as usual. God Bless!