psp emu woes :(

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

psp emu woes :(

Post by Subzero »

Ok ever since putting the 3.10 OE firmware I cant get ANY C=64 emulator to work - is it possible im missing some files???

I need my fix of C=64 on PSP!!!
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Are you aware of the recovery mode hidden menu? If not power off your PSP completely (hold power slider for 3 seconds), then hold the right shoulder button and turn back on - you sould get the Recovery Mode screen appear.

I have my PSP set-up as follows:

Configuration
Skip SCE logo: Enabled
Hide corrupt icons: Enabled (This is useful for PSPVice)
Game folder homebrew: 3.10 Kernel (Tells it what kernel to run games under the default games folder)

CPU Speed
Speed in XMB: Default
Speed in UMD/ISO: 266

Remember that you MUST move "PSPVice" and "PSPVice%" into the \PSP\GAME150 directory on the memory card so it uses the 1.50 Kernel. You could also change the Game folder homebrew option above from 3.10 Kernel to 1.50 Kernel but I prefer to put all the 1.50 homebrew in the GAME150 directory....
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

Great, but i must be doing something wrong as pspvice STILL wont work :(
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Bizarre,

Did you patch your 3.10OE to 3.10OE' ?

Maybe you should move off your old "PSPVice" and "PSPVice%" directories and try with a fresh install - remember to put them "BOTH" in the GAME150 directory - BOTH directories must be in the /PSP/GAME150 directory.

Apart from the occasional HANG (which I think is the emulator itself) it still works for me.. :twisted:
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

Three fresh installs and still a black screen then back to the main menu of the PSP - cant work it out :(