New VST 606, 808 & 909 drumsynth - looks tasty!

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

New VST 606, 808 & 909 drumsynth - looks tasty!

Post by Tonka »

Audiorealism's TB303 emulation is about the closest I've heard as a soft synth, so hopefully this baby will be just as good. Demo's sound very promising...

More here:

http://www.audiorealism.se/adm/adm_announcement.htm
Dafunk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dafunk »

you should also check out Nepheton and Drumazon.

http://www.d16.pl/
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

It's always nice when they make old gear in VST to preserve... but can this make other type of drums but x0x?... I've had a Novation Drumstation once... and I found it too limiting for my taste... just the 0x0 sound, which has been overused through many years... I'd like to see something more flexible....

Now I use hardware, so I've had the Waldorf Rack Attack (or the Attack) it's sound is just magnificent! ... the problem is that it's not very intuitive to work with... yuo have to tweak too much to change something, and you'll have to understand oscillators etc... not for me, so I sold that one recently...

Now I've got this one:

And in hardware, it's the best... very intuitive and creative to work with :)
I'll take a listen to the new soft ones anyway... currious as I am :lol:
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Listened now.... really impressive! :D ... now I can hear the difference, but only via A/B testing... without A/B'ing I'd not be able to tell the original from the "fake" :) ... too bad there is not as much developmnet in the hardware business anymore :cry: ... there's just one way to go... get the real deal...

yeah well... I DID have an 808 acouple of years back actually... sampled the whole darn shit, and sold the 808... I don't miss it :P ... Bought it broken, fixed it and sold it agian for doble the price I gave 8)

I'd never buy a 303, even though Fat Boy Slim say everybody need one :lol:
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

One thing I don't get though; why only 606, 808 and 909!?... why not 707 and the rest of the x0x series!?... would have rocked if it took the whole series :)
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

razmo wrote:One thing I don't get though; why only 606, 808 and 909!?... why not 707 and the rest of the x0x series!?... would have rocked if it took the whole series :)
Weren't the rest of the TR's just sample based? Genuine question - I haven't done my homework! :D A CR78 would have been a nice addition though... Maybe a future update.

BTW Razmo - you're a total gear junkie. You have a serious problem and really need therapy (in the nicest possible way)! :wink:
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

Dafunk wrote:you should also check out Nepheton and Drumazon.

http://www.d16.pl/
Have done - also very nice VST's. Is nice to have 3 Roland machines together in 1 VST though! :twisted:

Microtonic is also very good (if a bit 'whacky')...

http://www.soniccharge.com/home
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Tonka:

Erm.... YES! :duh: ..... Truly I am a gear junkie !!!

If my synths were babies .... Then I'd have a whole football team ... plus spares! :blush: ... and hey! they ARE my babies! :confusion:

And about drumsamples in 0X0... I think you're right... but even 909 had samples in it. But anyway, a complete series remake would have been nice... just because! ... in a gear junkie kind of way :lol:

No seriously, I like analog as well, but they are usualy more restricked though some newer models are quite good (Jomox, Vermona etc.) ... generally the most important drum as analog is the kick... and I have my junkey eyes on this one currently:

It's just a kick drum in a box, but a REALLY good one, and very tweakable... might get this as an addition to my Machinedrum. The bassdrum is the most important sound in most dance music, and also the one that need most tweaking, so... (yeah yeah!... lots of excuses to buy one... I know :blush: )