Love Parade Festival (Germany)

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Love Parade Festival (Germany)

Post by Analog-X64 »

Heard on the news 15 got killed and 40 got injured!!

I hope nobody from here was involved.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
NecroPolo
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: Love Parade Festival (Germany)

Post by NecroPolo »

final reports say: 19 killed, 350 injured :(

Rest in Peace, folks. It is a huge tragedy in the history of festivals. I'm totally shocked. It just should not be like that.

off:
Man I really start to grow a dislike for general forum ignorance. No one has anything to add, reflect, whatsoever...? :roll:
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

What is there to add, other than that it is a tragedy and sad to hear that the event will not continue?

I'm sure all of us have been in a tricky situation/crush at a concert and felt terrified.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

I didn't post because I was freaking angry. There were warnings days before - happily ignored - squeezing so many people through a fucking tunnel!!! :evil:
All is lost.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Sometimes the story gets a bit skewed by the time it reaches this side of the planet.

And I was truly concerned about the well being of members here, since according to the news it was a dance/techno type of event, and it might attract some from here.

A lot of people died at a Wal*Mart store in the U.S. a few years ago, because they tried to force themselves into the store and got trampled.

Its a tragedy when this happens.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
ALY

Post by ALY »

I think sh** like that will come again and again ... as long humans can make money ... "commerce kills" ... it´s sad but true...
NecroPolo
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by NecroPolo »

merman wrote:What is there to add, other than that it is a tragedy and sad to hear that the event will not continue?

I'm sure all of us have been in a tricky situation/crush at a concert and felt terrified.
That will be more than fine as a reflection. I was thinking about something like that.

A fellow of mine has just arrived from there. Fortunately for him, he could enter the party area much earlier before the tragedy but he said that the dose of stupidity was shocking there. There were no properly aligned in and out paths, policement weren't at the top of their efficiency (who would...?) and people in the mass behaved like dumbasses, doing literally anything to just push forward, no patience or care of others.

Analog-X64: The situation must have been terribly similar to WalMart tragedy. Big mass of people = totally lost control.