Green-Beret Subtune 10

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Sensible-Sound
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Green-Beret Subtune 10

Post by Sensible-Sound »

hi m8s,

i just finished my work with subtune 10 of martin galways green beret. thx to martin for this great tune :)
i uploaded the song at remix.kwed.org and hope i understood every rule right ( my english sucks;-) .
feel free to listen to the song at http://www.sensible-sound.de/mp3/GreenBeret.mp3
i hope nobody is disappointed about the style. have fun :)

cyas

daniel
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Hi Daniel,

Wowahh! thats come on since the early alpha version i heard. Wonderful version mate, great work :)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

nay, bloody awesome work mate.
Sensible-Sound
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Sensible-Sound »

thx tas :)

be sure you'll be the early-listener of the parallax-highscore too ;)

daniel
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

hey, what ya want from me?

thats only one of my favourite ever tunes... I so tried to get that tune on volume 1 and volume 2 but failed :(
Sensible-Sound
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Sensible-Sound »

sorry.
i do not understand.
maybe i missunderstood something
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

was talking about parallax high score being on volume 1 or 2 of remix64 series of CD's.

i wanted it on either of those CD's but non of the musicians would take it on.
Sensible-Sound
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Sensible-Sound »

ahaaaaaaaa,got it :)
i just wonder why,because i think it is one of galways masterpieces and i like the riding way of the song. it is an very happy song and makes one feel good ( shaking to the with 3/4 measure :D )
i see: it is as always just a matter of taste ;)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I'm with you actually. It's my personal fave of galways, has a tremendous melody which still sticks with me after all these years. But alas, it seems we must be in a minority. ;)
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

But alas, it seems we must be in a minority
Maybe not...I really love it, too! :)
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

My personal fave Galway tune ever ;)

Love the melody, love the wibbles. Covered this recently myself, after waiting years until I could get a big acoustic guitar strumming the opening sections ;)

Love it...

Downloading your arrangement right now, stay tuned ;)
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

The opening really confused me! It was like, sounds like the right tune, except the chords are upside down ;) Then the main section started and I was on more familiar ground.

Nice arrangement, I like how we thought alike with the acoustic guitars ;)

I like this mix, if I had any criticism whatsoever its the string lead instruments, they just didnt sound quite right to me for some reason. It took me forever to decide on which instruments to use for that same sequence myself, and to this day I was never 100% happy. In hindsight I would have used the actual 64 lead, afterall Galway himself said that he would never arrange his own work with new instruments, his tunes were written for the C64.

But then, thats what we're all here for eh? ;)
Sensible-Sound
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Sensible-Sound »

hehe, i see : there is a small audience for the parallax-highscore tune ;-)
i will concentrate on that song in the next weeks .

@feekzoid: thanks for your comment. i see we have some same thoughts and problems ;-)
in the mainpart of the song the leadinstruments nearly made me sick : listening to the great template from martin and startet experimenting with synth,piano,guitar etc. , but nothing really fitted and i am totally agree with you , i am not that happy with this solution but wasn't able to make it better at that moment. when writing the song i listened dozent time through your version and asked my self i should use the piano too, but then decided to use a string/synth combination - so it seems to be the wrong decision ;-)
did i understand right: you allready started working on a parallax song ? i though of setting up some accoustic guitar rides for this song too. maybe we better work together,hehe ;-)

regards

daniel

"The opening really confused me! "- hehehe, nice to have the audience shocked :D ;-)

***sorry for my bad english***
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

Sensible-Sound wrote: did i understand right: you allready started working on a parallax song ? i though of setting up some accoustic guitar rides for this song too. maybe we better work together,hehe ;-)
Nope, sorry ;) I have no plans to cover Parallax.
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Just downloaded it - the remix is a decent, fast, energetic ride, and the guitars work nicely. The one thing I really done like is the chosen drum sounds. Putting any echo on a bass drum kills is, and I'm not keen on the other percussive sounds either, but other than that, it's a decent remix.